Bangchak to acquire Esso Thailand from ExxonMobil

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox

The Bangchak Corporation Public Company Limited (Bangchak) has announced its acquisition of Esso Thailand from ExxonMobil in Thailand, Bangkok.

The portfolio involves a 174 KBD complex refinery, a network of distribution terminals, and over 700 service stations. With the transaction, Bangchak will have a combined crude and product terminal capacity of approximately 15 million barrels enhancing its reserves and energy security.

Bangchak will acquire 66% or 22.8 billion shares of Esso. The transaction was valued at THB55.5 billion (US$1.7 billion). It is expected that Bangchak will subsequently launch a tender offer for the remaining 34% of the stock after the completion of the transaction with ExxonMobil.


Share this update