Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario (IO) have selected Scarborough Transit Connect (Dev Co) as the development partner for the Scarborough Subway Extension project in Toronto.
Scarborough Transit Connect is comprised of the following companies:
- Applicant Leads: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., FCC Canada Ltd.
- Design Prime Team Member: Mott MacDonald Canada Limited
- Construction Prime Team Members: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., FCC Canada Ltd.
The contract includes the development phase of Stations, Rail and Systems (SRS). The scope of work includes:
- Design and construction of three new underground stations and bus terminals at each station;
- Design and construction of emergency exit buildings and service buildings, and traction power substations;
- Installation, testing and commissioning of all systems equipment and interconnection with existing TTC systems; and
- Design, supply, installation, testing, and commissioning of all rail and track components and a pocket track east of Kennedy Station.
The project will be delivered under the Progressive Design-Build (PDB) Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model. It is anticipated to be completed in approximately 18 to 24 months.