Financial close for student accomodation PPP at London School of Economics

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox

DIF Capital Partners (DIF) has reached a financial close on the London School of Economics & Political Science student accommodation PPP project in London, UK. The deal will be transacted through the DIF Infrastructure V fund. 

The project involves the design, build, financing, operations and maintenance of new student accommodation. It will comprise 676 beds, communal spaces, a gym, three roof terraces, a cinema room and two courtyard gardens. DIF has an 80.1% stake in the project, with the university retaining the remaining 19.9% stake. Equans is responsible for the design, build, operations and maintenance of the project.

Long-dated funding has been provided by Pension Insurance Corporation. The advisors of the London School of Economics were QMPF as a financial advisor, Pinsent Masons as a legal advisor and Student First Group as a technical advisor. DIF was advised by DWPF as a financial advisor, Centrus as debt arranger, Mills & Reeve as a legal advisor, Grant Thornton as tax & accounting advisor, Gleeds as technical advisor, and JLL as a commercial advisor.

Share this update