Rail Baltica has announced the nomination of 5 companies for the second stage of the tender as a result of the victory in the 1st round of the tender for the construction of the Rail Baltica mainline in Latvia.
The pre-qualified teams are:
- Webuild NGE-TSOJV - Webuild, NGE Contracting and TSO SAS (Italy, France);
- OHLA – GULERMAK Rail Baltica Joint Venture - Obrascón Huarte Lain SA, Gülermak Ağır Sanayi İnşaat ve TaahhütŞ and Gülermak Sp. z o.o. (Spain, Turkey, Poland);
- R.B. Rail BalticaJV - Eiffage Génie Civil, Budimex SA and Rizzani de Eccher S.p.A (France, Poland, Italy);
- Team formed by Aldesa Construcciones, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation LLC, TEK Baltic (Spain, China, Latvia);
- Team formed by IC İÇTAŞ İNŞAAT SANAYİ VE TİCARETŞ and DOĞUŞ İNŞAAT VE TİCARET A.Ş. (Turkey).
The first construction works are planned in the Bauska region near Iecava, Latvia. The project involves the development of an 870 km long railway line, with a goal to integrate the Baltic States into the European rail network.